Terms and conditions.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement is made by and between the house owner and manager Heiðrún Hafliðadóttir and The Guest agreed upon by the guest and the owner on Lágskógur website. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to x persons, as stated on Lágskógur website for each house.
2. Term of the Lease.
Check-in date: Agreed upon by the guest, and the owner, after 16:00
Check-out date: Agreed upon by the guest, and the owner, by 11:00 on the departure morning
Number of adults: Agreed upon by the guest and the owner on Lágskógur website.
Number of children: Agreed upon by the guest and the owner on Lágskógur website.
3. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 1 - 2 night’s minimum stay.
4. Minimum age for renting this property is 26 years of age.
5. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
6. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
7. Damage/cleaning responsibility: The guest is responsible for any extra cost of damage and/or cleaning that includes, following an inspection by the owner:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. Any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
8. Rental rate and fees
a. Bedding, linen and towels: Agreed upon by the guest and the owner on Lágskógur website.
b. Rental Rate. Payment in full of the balance shall be due within 30 days of the Check-in Date: Agreed upon by the guest and the owner on Lágskógur website.
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the rental cost will be refunded as follows:
- Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of the stay will receive a 100% refund.
- Cancellations must be made by 23:59 (UTC) on the appropriate day.
10. Payment: Acceptable payment method is payment via the secure Lágskógur online payment system.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement,
As agreed upon by the guest and the owner on Lágskógur website.
Homeowner and Manager
Name: Heiðrún Hafliðadóttir
Date: Agreed upon by the guest and the owner on Lágskógur website.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed. Year 2010 there was a terrible fire caused by a cigarette, which was smoked outside, in our beautiful neighbourhood. This new cottage was completely destroyed and big asset were lost for the owners.
2. No outdoor shoes beyond the entrance do to possible damage of the Hardwood floor, Tiles and Furnitures. In Iceland we never wear outdoor shoes inside private homes.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. All gatherings´ needs to be notified to the owner.
6. Parties are not allowed.
7. Events are not allowed.
8. No illegal gatherings such as porn parties etc.
9. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
10. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
11. Pets are NOT allowed.
12. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
13. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to € 2.000
14. Storms: No refunds will be given do to storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
Legal issues that may arise due to these conditions, or the communication of a tenant and Lágskógur ehf shall be brought before the District Court.